Tag…. You’re it! I was tagged by the beautiful and talented Azra, over at Azurah to participate in a little Q&A. I would love to see if we could get a few people to steal this and give their own answers, so if you're interested, give a little linkback and give it a try!
1. What is your favorite saying, or motto?
Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well. – Voltaire.
2. What is your dream job?
Short of being a well paid journalist, I’d have to say advertising executive. I love “reading” an audience and the thought that goes into ad creation.
3. What part of the world do you have little interest in travelling to? And which part of the world is next on your “list”?
Either pole. J I am not a fan of bitter cold. Next on my list would be
4. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I’m still sort of partial to the
but not a snowy part. UK
5. When you travel, do you prefer to go to the city or the countryside?
I love both, but when it comes to activities I’m definitely leaning toward the city. If I were traveling with a lover I’d make sure to work in some countryside, because I love hiking and unspoiled views.
6. What is the last thing you think about before falling asleep?
Blankets and whether I need more or less.
7. Are you a gardener or a garden admirer? You can be both!
I don’t garden. I put plants in the ground for decoration, but I don’t actually do any real work with it. I am not even a garden admirer really. I like fresh veggies, but not enough to be impressed by someone’s efforts.
8. Do you enjoy cooking? If so, what are some meals you like to prepare when you entertain?
I love to cook! I tend to lean toward Italian dishes when I entertain, simply because it seems fairly easy to feed a crowd with the heartier Italian dishes. I make a kick ass 5 cheese Italian sausage lasagna and my pesto chicken ravioli isn’t bad either.
9. Do you parallel park or drive around the block?
Oh, I drive around the block for sure. Parallel parking is definitely not my forte.
10. If there were 7 people from any time period you could invite to dinner, who would they be?
Jesus, Queen Mary of Scots, Henry the VIII, Julius Caesar, Marc Anthony, Grace Kelly, Alexandra Romanov
11. Have you ever written or would you like to write a short story, memoir, or novel?
I have begun and come close to finishing novels and short stories, but generally lose confidence or fire and abandon the project.
12. What kind of music helps you unwind?Hmm… unwinding would definitely be Bon Iver.
13. When was the last time you cried?Last week. I don’t want to talk about it.
14. Which lyrics aptly describe your love life?
Nico Stai’s- Maybe Maybe
15. What do you most enjoy about blogging, and what advice would you give new bloggers?
For me blogging is about the pouring out of thought onto page. Many times I find that as I’m writing on a particular topic I can not only clear the cobwebs out of my own head, but I can sort my thoughts and find out more about how I truly feel. My advice to new bloggers would be to write for your own needs. You will find your niche as you go. Don’t try to force yourself to fit into a particular category because you will usually find that even though you may find initial success, it won’t last or be as satisfying.